The Student News Site of Archbishop Mitty High School

The Monarch

The Monarch

The Monarch

AMHS Fall Sports Briefs

Brief Recaps of Mitty’s Fall Sports
Nhat V. Meyer/Bay Area News Group

Field Hockey

Record

7-2-1

Top Performers

Lauren Collier, a senior, managed to lead the team to such a great start with her winning mindset and motivating personality. She also leads the team in goals this season with 6 in their first 10 games.

Notable Game

On October 5, the team played Los Gatos away, seeking to take revenge for their loss to them earlier in the season. The team played their hearts out, taking the game to overtime, where it unfortunately only ended in a tie.

Key Quote/Theme Throughout the Season

The team has an acronym called BAB, which they shout at games to remind themselves to lock in and work harder.

Women’s Golf

Record

3-4

Top Performers

Senior Grace Hui set a new school record of 6 under par in their last matchup versus Saint Francis on the 10th, and has consistently finished as the top performer on the team

Notable Game

The team comfortably defeated Saint Francis in their October 10th matchup, beating them by almost 30 shots.

Key Quote/Theme Throughout the Season

As a key part of their pre-match routine, the team shares a prayer before the start of every game.

Women’s Tennis

Record

3-5

Top Performers

Seniors Alexandra Coleeman and Mary Lavin have been excellent this year and have been the best double’s team alongside being the team’s captains. They hold the team together and always find a way to keep the team’s spirits up.

Notable Game

Alexandra Coleman and Mary Lavin beat Saint Francis’s #1 ranked duo. Also the team had a hectic 3 game back to back against Presentation, Homestead, and Valley and were able to beat Valley Christian at the end of the run.

Key Quote/Theme Throughout the Season

The Team Cheer keeps morale and spirits high, and after wins, the  team says, “what do you taste?” and everyone yells victory and licks their lips.

Women’s Water Polo

Record

8-10

Top Performers

Bahar Saglam has 14 saves and leads the team. Amelia Imrisek leads the team in goals, steals, and points.

Notable Game

Mitty dominated Valley Christian 16-8 on October 11th.